Do you have what it takes …To get Angel Investment? – April 11, 2013
This Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 730am, I will serve as moderator for the meeting of 128 Innovation Capital Group (128 ICG), at the IBM Conference Center, 404 Wyman Street, North Entrance in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our speaker, whom I recruited, will be Richard Noyes, consultant. angel investor and, member of Beacon Angels.
Richard Noyes President, Bartlett Associates LLC and and member of Beacon Angels is a retired financial executive whose career has included CFO positions with a UK-owned US R&D and defense products firm, QinetiQ NA (formerly Foster Miller, Inc) and the pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca. Richard started his career in engineering with GE after receiving degrees from Dartmouth College. He later switched to accounting and finance starting with Ernst & Young after receiving an MBA from Amos Tuck and a later MSF from Bentley University. Richard is a CPA/CMA with a Top Secret Security Clearance. He is currently serving on the board of a small So. Maine building products company. Mr. Noyes has extensive experience in business valuations and has worked on several acquisitions from both the buy and sell side. See http://beaconangels.com/members/
Richard will speak on “Do you have what it takes …To get Angel Investment” and will have a slide presentation to supplement his talk.
For more information or to register for this meeting, go to http://www.128icg.org/
Hopefully, this topic and meeting will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent.
* * *
I remain active at 128 ICG, a Waltham-based group that aids and provides a networking opportunity to entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies.
128 Innovation Capital Group (www.128icg.org), is now in its 9th year since, as a founder, I helped that group re-emerge from the 128 Venture Capital Group (founded in 1982). I’ve been a 128 ICG board member since 2004 and recruited speakers and moderated 17 of the 38 past meetings of 128 ICG in 2010-2013, including the following:
- Tough Love (on Valentine’s Day)– Getting the Entrepreneur to Focus on the Business rather than the Idea, Feb. 14, 2013, with Ben Littauer, an active angel investor, member of Boston Harbor Angels, Walnut Venture Associates, and Launchpad Venture Group.
- Will you be fired as CEO after taking Venture Capital funding? November 8, 2012, with Greg Dracon, Principal, .406 Ventures.
- Finding Your Optimal Investor – Due Diligence for Entrepreneurs, August 9, 2012, with Luke Burns, Partner at Ascent Venture Partners.
- Structuring your Financing for Capital Efficiency and Exit Strategy, April 12, 2012, with William McPhee, an investor with Boston Harbor Angels and Board member at The Capital Network.
- Alternative Funding Models for Clean Technology. February 9, 2012, with Eric Emmons, Investment Partner at Siemens Venture Capital and head of the Siemens Venture Capital’s Energy Fund.
- What’s Your Company’s Value Proposition? How Are You Viewed by Investors, Customers and Employees? October 13, 2011, with Jack Derby, member of Common Angels.
- How Social Marketing Transformed the Gaming Sector: Social Gaming vs. Traditional Gaming, February 10, 2011, with Dayna Grayson, Principal at North Bridge Venture Partners.
- The 5 Things you MUST KNOW about Raising Angel Investment, October 14, 2010, with Hambleton Lord, Managing Partner of Launchpad Venture Group.
- Mobile Innovation in New England: Entrepreneurial Opportunities for the Future, April 8, 2010, with Sean Marsh, Cofounder and General Partner, Point Judith Capital.