Using Trademarks to Safeguard value in Medical device and other companies: Radio Interview
This is a radio interview I gave in late September 2014 prior to and October 1, 2014 presentation I gave for the monthly Forum meeting of the Medical development Group (MDG) in Waltham, Massachusetts (Exit 28, I-95/Route 128), as part of a panel on safeguarding the intellectual property value of your medical device company: patents, trademarks and trade secrets.
My Internet radio interview is up and available at UR Business Network, and covers The Key Aspects of Trademark Protection for Med Tech Companies. LINK: http://urbusinessnetwork.com/key-aspects-trademark-protection-med-tech-companies/
In this 20 minute radio program, I discuss development and use of trademarks as business assets and safeguarding their value in medical device and life sciences product and service businesses and product lines including:
- Value of choosing “suggestive” brand names for businesses, products and services,
- Benefits of availability searches and then seeking Federal protection
- Protecting of brand names in use and those desired on an Intent To Use (ITU) basis
- Costs and benefits in safeguarding trademarks
- Pitfalls to avoid loss of trademark protection
If you have any questions on this presentation or on trademark protection for you device, product, service, company or brand name, please do contact me.