Last Thursday, on February 1, 2018, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “How to Renegotiate Your CEO Employment Contract When You Have Achieved Success.”
This article was designed for CEOs and other C-Suite, VPs or other senior executives who have achieved a level of success and seek a greater share of the benefits his or her leadership has brought to the company, as well as a refresh of the level of incentives as he or she takes the company to the next level. Continue reading “How to Renegotiate Your CEO Employment Contract When You Have Achieved Success”
Two weeks ago, on October 26, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Interim CEO and Turnaround CEO Employment Agreements: Terms and Compensation.”
This article was designed for executives, who have been offered, are seeking or are now considering taking Interim CEO or Turnaround CEO positions.
The Interim CEO may be one of the following:
- company insider from the Board or current executive suit or a current consultant to the Company, as Interim CEO, chosen in part for familiarity with the company and essentially to be a placeholder until the new CEO can take up his or her duties
- executive outside the company recruited to fill that role, someone with a name in the field to maintain the position of the company in the eyes of analysts and investors until the search for a new CEO is completed and the replacement installed
- an executive hired or recruited not just as a placeholder but as a true Turnaround CEO, who is being brought in to “right the ship” when a company is in turmoil, unprofitable or otherwise not performing to the desired level.
Continue reading “Interim CEO and Turnaround CEO Employment Agreements: Terms and Compensation”
Last Wednesday, on September 6, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Getting the Benefits of Equity Compensation from Family Businesses through Phantom Stock.”
This article was designed for CEOs, C-suite executives and other senior executives who currently work in a family business or are offered a position in a family business and receive now or are offered NO equity compensation because most family businesses do not issue equity to non-family members.
Continue reading “Getting the Benefits of Equity Compensation from Family Businesses through Phantom Stock”
One week ago, on May 30, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Getting Executive Severance Compensation When You Choose to Quit”
This article was designed for CEOs, C-suite executives and other senior executives who for reasons beyond their control want to quit their current position and ought to be able to get appropriate executive severance compensation in connection with their separation.
My article takes up four main areas:
- Circumstances when you want to quit
- Issues governing Severance when you quit your position
- Key contract terms: Termination for Good Reason in your Job Offer
- Circumstances of Constructive Discharge
- Severance rights and compensation to seek for in Constructive Discharge
- Getting what you deserve if you terminate your position
Continue reading “Getting Executive Severance Rights and Compensation When You Choose to Quit Your Position”
Joining a board of directors as an executive can be rewarding, yet has its pitfalls. Boston executive employment attorney Robert Adelson serves the role of an employment advisor to help executives weigh the costs and benefits of joining a board, as well as negotiates their compensation package. The many benefits of joining a board include but are not limited to lucrative stock and options, networking opportunities and access to a new source of information. However, despite these rewarding benefits, an executive who joins a board takes on a large task – one which, if left unfulfilled can expose them to shareholder lawsuits.
Continue reading “Joining a board of directors as an executive can be rewarding”