Strategic Alliances and Channel Strategy: ENET meeting, October 7, 2014
A week from tomorrow evening, Tuesday October 7, 2014 at 7pm, the IEEE Entrepreneurs’ Network (ENET) will present a panel on this subject for at the group’s Waltham location: Constant Contact, 1601 Trepalo Rd., 3rd Floor, The Great Room, Waltham, Massachusetts (Exit 28, I-95/Route 128).
For today’s entrepreneur – who faces high hurdles to funding, ever increasing competition, thin barriers to entry, and shortened cycles from invention – strategic alliances, partnerships, licensing, and channel strategies have become key to enable startups to grow, gain market share, and compete. For the startup company, your strategic partner can be your first source of outside funding, the beta tester of your product or service, source of credibility for your first angel or venture capital investment round, and your first marketing channel. Meet the entrepreneurs who have each formed successful strategic partnerships multiple times and are willing to show you how it’s done.
Our panel features George Adams, Co-Founder and CEO of ViziApps, Inc (viziapps.com), Christine A. Carberry, CSAP, Vice President, Technical Operations; Program and Alliance Management, FORUM Pharmaceuticals, and Mitch Sanders, CEO, ECI Biotech. The moderator will be Michael S. Chester, President, International Manufacturing Consultants.
For more information on, or to register for, this October 7, 2014 event, go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/strategic-alliances-and-channel-strategy
My legal assistant Darryl Partin helped Mike recruit this fine panel and believe it will be a great night for ENET. Several years ago, I moderated an ENET panel on a similar subject Financing and Leveraging Growth In Your Early Stage Company Through Strategic Alliances and Partnerships. My ENET panel that night was Jack Derby, of Derby Management and now Chairman of Common Angels, Greg Flynn, now President of Brainshark, Lawrence Kaufman, serial entrepreneur, and Ameeta Soni, CMO, Chief Outsiders.. If you would like to see slides from our speakers that night last year, LINK: http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/financing-and-leveraging-growth-your-early-stage-company-through-strategic-alliances-and
To see my slides on strategic alliances and partnerships, go to this LINK: https://robadelson.wordpress.com/strategic-alliances-and-partnerships/
Hopefully, this year’s panel on seed and angel investing will also be quite helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent. Hope to see you at this ENET meeting at Constant Contact in Waltham, a week from tomorrow night!
* * *
* * *
I remain active in ENET, a mainly Waltham-based group that aids entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies. I have been on the ENET Board for the last twelve years, and the past five years since 2009 served as ENET’s Chairman. In May 2013, I was elected by ENET members to my 3rd two-year term as Chairman.
I arranged ENET’s last meeting, our annual Sunset Networking Cruise of Boston Harbor to occur Tuesday evening, July 15, 2014. This cruise, our “EntrepreneurShip 2014” was also be joined by our partners MDG – Medical Development Group, IEEE Women In Engineering (WIE) and the EntreTech Forum. This was the 12th ENET summer networking cruise that I’ve arranged. 179 attended on a lovely evening with good food and company and great views of the sights of Boston Harbor including the U.S.S. Constitution at the 202nd anniversary of its naval victories in the War of 1812 when it got its nickname “Old Ironsides”. It was a most enjoyable and casual ending to ENET’s 23rd year, September 2013 to July 2014, just concluded.
Additionally, in prior years, I’ve moderated and/or spoken at a number of ENET panel presentations, including presentations on the following subjects:
- “Raising Money from CrowdFunding” , May 2014 (moderator),
- ““Co-Founders and Core Team – finding them, protecting yourself, managing expectations”. February 2014 (moderator & speaker)
- “Ready, Set, Launch. Knowing when you’re ready & How to start a company” , September 2013 (moderator),
- “Online Finance and Crowd Funding” , April 2013 (moderator),
- “Bootstrapping 101: Alternative Ways to fund a Startup without an Angel or VC”, November 2012 (moderator)
- “Seed and Angel Financing” , October 2012 (moderator),
- “Getting Stuff for Free”, April 2012 (moderator),
- “Transforming Your Idea into a Successful Company”, September 2011 (speaker and moderator),
- “Get Going! Launching a Successful Business”, September 2010 (moderator),
- “Licensing Technology”, February 2010 (moderator),
- How to Select and Retain Management for your Startup Company”, February 8, 2008 (speaker and moderator)
- “Getting Initial Money to go from Nothing to Something”, October 2007 (speaker and moderator)
- “Strategic Alliances and Partnerships: to build, finance, and develop early stage companies”, November 2006 (speaker and moderator)
- “Building Boards of Advisors and Boards of Directors”, March 2006 (moderator)
- “Protecting Your Intellectual Property”, January 2006 (speaker)
For each of the above presentations, my slides and those of the other speakers on my panel are also available at the ENET web site at this link – http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/meeting-archives . I hope this information is helpful to you in your business. Again, if you would like more information on our group, go to www.boston-enet.org
For both the September 2013 and February 2014 meetings, I was aided by my son,. William Adelson1st as co-organizer. William recruited 2 of the 4 speakers on September 3. During his service with ENET, William also worked as Social Media Co-Manager and was elected to the ENET Ad Board. He is a Second Lt. in the Massachusetts National Guard, and now on leave from ENET, as he left in late February 2014 to attend the U.S. Army flight school in Ft. Rucker, AL. William’s training is to be an Army helicopter pilot, a 16-month training program. William is now flying small Army helicopters, will next undergo combat training and hopes to soon graduate to flying Blackhawk helicopters. William may also soon be taking up an additional course for a private pilot’s license for fixed wing aircraft.