One week ago, on May 30, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Getting Executive Severance Compensation When You Choose to Quit”
This article was designed for CEOs, C-suite executives and other senior executives who for reasons beyond their control want to quit their current position and ought to be able to get appropriate executive severance compensation in connection with their separation.
My article takes up four main areas:
- Circumstances when you want to quit
- Issues governing Severance when you quit your position
- Key contract terms: Termination for Good Reason in your Job Offer
- Circumstances of Constructive Discharge
- Severance rights and compensation to seek for in Constructive Discharge
- Getting what you deserve if you terminate your position
Continue reading “Getting Executive Severance Rights and Compensation When You Choose to Quit Your Position”
One week ago, on April 25, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Executive Employment Contracts for Women CEOs – Terms and Negotiations.”
Despite significant advances in employment laws, gender inequality remains an area of both concern and controversy. Women continue to lag behind men, even at the CEO, C-suite and senior executive level, when it comes to compensation, opportunity for advancement, job status and equity sharing, to name just a few.
Continue reading “Executive Employment Contracts for Women CEOs – Terms and Negotiations”
Earlier this year, on March 27, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “Negotiating Key Terms in Your Next Executive Job Offer.”
When you receive a job offer letter, how do you evaluate it? Do you accept the terms “as is” or do you negotiate? You do a great job negotiating deals for your company but do you always do as well when representing yourself?
This article explores the situations in which you negotiate the employment job offer, the terms you should focus on and their ramifications, and how an executive employment attorney can help you.
Continue reading “Negotiating Key Terms in Your Next Executive Job Offer”
One week ago, on February 28, 2017, CEOWorld magazine published an article I wrote on “The Advantage of RSUs in Your CEO Compensation Package.”
For CEOs, C-Suite executives and other senior level executives, equity compensation is a key part and often the most important part of their compensation package. For many senior executives, equity means stock options or restricted stock. But in many circumstances the better choice is RSUs, restricted stock units. Continue reading “The Advantage of RSUs in Your CEO Compensation Package”
This was an earlier IEEE Boston Entrepreneurs’ Network panel presentation I chaired that covered –
- Why business alliances are important to entrepreneurs, early stage companies and investors?
- How strategic alliances can be used and structured to obtain first funding directly or indirectly?
- How they are used and structured to gain credibility, to leverage sales growth and to penetrate new markets?
Continue reading “Strategic Alliances And Partnerships: To Build, Finance, and Develop Early Stage Companies”