Negotiating Employment Agreements, Compensation and Severance Agreements
This is the subject of a presentation I gave in Dedham, MA on April 12, 2010, for the monthly meeting of the Boston chapter of ExecuNet. The presentation focused on discussion of key employment, compensation and equity terms an executive or employee should be seeking in new employment or need to watch out for, including:
- Executive cash compensation, benefits and bonus structure;
- Equity structures including restricted stock, options, SARs and phantom stock;
- Expenses, benefits, temporary and permanent relocation provisions
- Termination, severance and change of control provisions
- Non-compete, non-solicitation and other restrictive covenants.
The presentation also considered negotiations over termination, as the executive seeks the best deal possible leaving the company.
For my presentation outline, see
If questions arise or assistance is needed on an issue of employment contracts negotiation, employee stock or options, or a non-compete, whether you are considering an offer for a new job or terminating your current position, please let me know.