Making Effective Commercial Contracts
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 630pm, I will be the speaker for the Collaborative Technical Consultants , the CTC Networking Group at the public library in Lexington, MA, on “Making Effective Contracts – For Consultants and Entrepreneurs in a Changing Competitive Marketplace”. The presentation will include discussion of enforcement, certainty and cutting legal costs, plus defining your mission and scope of contract and setting out contingencies to performance, warranties and representations that each side relies upon. Terms of commercial contracts to be discussed, will include contracts for:
- Selling products and services – including purchase order and production contracts
- Developing custom software – software development agreements
- Licensing Technology and product licensing
- Distribution of products – including dealer, distributor and VAR agreements
- Subcontracting consultants, service provider agreements and outsourcing services
For more information on the meeting, see http://linkd.in/ygU3pI
For more information on the group, see http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=3944919&trk=anet_ug_grppro
To view my outline for that presentation, see
This presentation was originally scheduled in February but due to inclement weather, one of our rare snow days last winter, was rescheduled for June 27th.
Hopefully, this topic and meeting will be helpful to consultants, entrepreneurs, companies and company executives. If you or your company need a contract in any of these or other areas or have questions or needs in preparing or negotiating a contact, let me know.