“Is the market ripe? Is it ready for your Opportunity”, 128 ICG Meeting, Sept. 11, 2014 This Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 730am, I will serve as moderator for the meeting for Tasneem Dohadwala, Founding Partner, Excelestar Ventures, a global investment firm,, who will offer an “Is the market ripe? Is it ready for your Opportunity”, for 128 Innovation Capital Group, at Constant Contact, 1601 Trapelo Road, 3rd Floor, Waltham, MA.
Tasneem Dohadwala, Founding Partner, Excelestar Ventures, a global investment firm, that invests in early stage and expansion and holds a portfolio of technology, clean energy, healthcare and real estate assets. . http://www.excelestarventures.com/ Previously, Tasneem worked in financial services on the sell-side at Lehman Brothers. She currently sits on the board of Biomass Engineering Limited, Greenwich Carbon Oklahoma, Noor Findik, Helios Ingredients and BKPPL. Furthermore, she sits on the investment committee of Catalyst Healthcare Ventures. Tasneem is a graduate of Wellesley College and Harvard Business School. She is very active in several healthcare and educational philanthropic efforts. For more information or to register, LINK: http://www.128icg.org/
Hopefully, this topic and meeting will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent.
* * *
I remain active at 128 ICG, a Waltham-based group that aids and provides a networking opportunity to entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies. 128 Innovation Capital Group (www.128icg.org), is now in its 10th year since, as a Co-Founder, I helped that group re-emerge from the 128 Venture Capital Group (founded in 1982). I’ve been a 128 ICG board member since 2004 and recruited speakers and moderated 42 of the 115 past meetings of 128 ICG from 2005 to 2014, including the following:
- “Overview of Angel Investing” , July 10, 2014, with Lydia Schroter, CEO, entrepreneur and active angel investor, and member of the Golden Seeds and Cherry Stone Angel networks.
- How can Angel Investors help your company to succeed in Business, Sept. 12, 2013, with Pravin R. Chaturvedi, Ph.D. and Gaugarin Oliver, TiE Angels active investors and Praveen Tailam, the Managing Director of TiE Angels Boston.
- Understanding the Rapidly Changing Ecosystem of Angel Investing in New England, July 11, 2013, with Jack Derby, Chairman, and John Landry, Investment Committee member of Common Angels.
- Tough Love (on Valentine’s Day)– Getting the Entrepreneur to Focus on the Business rather than the Idea, 14, 2013, with Ben Littauer, an active angel investor, member of Boston Harbor Angels, Walnut Venture Associates, and Launchpad Venture Group.
- Will you be fired as CEO after taking Venture Capital funding? November 8, 2012, with Greg Dracon, Principal, .406 Ventures.
- Finding Your Optimal Investor – Due Diligence for Entrepreneurs, August 9, 2012, with Luke Burns, Partner at Ascent Venture Partners.
- Structuring your Financing for Capital Efficiency and Exit Strategy, April 12, 2012, with William McPhee, an investor with Boston Harbor Angels and Board member at The Capital Network.
- Alternative Funding Models for Clean Technology. February 9, 2012, with Eric Emmons, Investment Partner at Siemens Venture Capital and head of the Siemens Venture Capital’s Energy Fund.
- Management Team, Board of Directors, Advisory Board – How to Best Utilize Your Company’s Talent, August 11, 2011, with Jenny Freeman, M.D., member of Boston Harbor Angels.
- How Social Marketing Transformed the Gaming Sector: Social Gaming vs. Traditional Gaming, February 10, 2011, with Dayna Grayson, Principal at North Bridge Venture Partners.
- The 5 Things you MUST KNOW about Raising Angel Investment, October 14, 2010, with Hambleton Lord, Managing Partner of Launchpad Venture Group.
- Mobile Innovation in New England: Entrepreneurial Opportunities for the Future, April 8, 2010, with Sean Marsh, Cofounder and General Partner, Point Judith Capital.