“EntrepreneurSHIP 2015” – Sunset Networking Cruise of Boston Harbor to conclude ENET year: July 16, 2015
I am again arranging the final event of the program year for The Boston Entrepreneurs’ Network (ENET). This event is our annual Sunset Networking Cruise of Boston Harbor to occur nine days from now on Thursday evening, July 16, 2015. This cruise, our “EntrepreneurSHIP 2015” will be joined by our partners MDG – Medical Development Group, WIE – IEEE Women In Engineering, and The EntreTech Forum. The cruise sponsors are Intertek – http://www.intertek.com/medical/ , Oasis Outsourcing, and its representative Peter O’Neil http://www.oasisadvantage.com/ and Consero and its representative Jim Reilly, http://www.conseroglobal.com
This is the 13th ENET summer networking cruise that I’ve arranged. The group will cruise out of Rowes Wharf in Boston with a light dinner served aboard. 179 attended last year. Four of the last five cruises have had over 150 people in attendance, and that attendance or more is expected this year. So, it makes for a good networking opportunity for early stage entrepreneurs and investors.
This is also an enjoyable and casual ending to ENET’s 24th programming year, September 2014 to July 2015, just concluding. We also invite back our speakers from our 14 meetings in 2014-2015 to join us.
You get to see all the wonderful sights of Boston Harbor at sunset. Great networking and great food (catered by Off The Vine Caterers), all at a very reasonable price! There is even parking across the street for $7.00 for the evening.
Hopefully, this networking event will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent. Hope you will make it to join the EntrepreneurSHIP 2015 next week on July 16! There’s still time, book today!
For more information or to register for the cruise, go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/boston-harbor-sunset-networking-cruise
* * *
I remain active in ENET, a Waltham and Cambridge based group that aids entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies. I have been on the ENET Board since 2002, and served as Chairman since 2009, just re-elected in May to my fourth 2-year term as ENET Chair.
During the now ending 2014 – 2015 ENET program year, I have organized and moderated three ENET meetings.
- April 21, 2015 – Building and Using Board of Directors and Boards of Advisors , that featured Jack Derby, Jean Hammond and Travis Conners (substitute for Jay Habegger who was called away on a family matter). To see my write up and slides from our speakers for that evening, go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/building-using-boards-directors-advisors
- February 3, 2015 – Founder Agreements and Stock Vesting – Building a Team, Protecting yourself, Managing expectations, , that featured Kartik Shah, Gail Hoffman, and me as third speaker (to substitute for Harry Glorikian who was called away for last minute Board meeting), with my co-organizer Stacey Arbetter as moderator. To see my writeup, Kartik’s and my slides go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/founder-agreements-stock-vesting-building-team-protecting-yourself-managing-expectations
- September 2, 2014 – “Entrepreneur Success Stories”, which featured successful entrepreneurs from different fields – high tech, consumer and life sciences. The three presentations for this 2014-2015 kickoff meeting were taped and you can view the tapes if you wish on the links below.
- ENET Video #1 (High Tech): Achieving success over the long term as a high tech startup via bootstrapping, funding and successful exit.
LINK: http://youtu.be/mBBQ3hAnPRI (17 minutes)
- ENET Video #2 (Consumer): Serial Entrepreneur speaks about achieving the right culture for financial and personal success in startups led by Women CEOs
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pSimCgHKg&feature=youtu.be (16 minutes)
- ENET Video #3 (Life Sciences): Scientist, Inventor, VC and Serial entrepreneur (all in one person!) speaks on “building the concerto” – all the key pieces you need to fit together to build a successful life sciences startup
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP1bf9Fx6-A&feature=youtu.be (22 minutes)
For more information on the event and speaker bio’s for this Sept. 2, 2014 ENET Kickoff meeting, go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/entrepreneur-success-stories-0 or www.boston-enet.org My legal assistant John Papale2nd also served as a co-organizer for this September 2014 ENET meeting
Additionally, in prior years, I’ve moderated and/or spoken at a number of ENET panel presentations, including presentations on the following subjects:
- “Raising Money from CrowdFunding” , May 2014 (moderator),
- ““Co-Founders and Core Team – finding them, protecting yourself, managing expectations”. February 2014 (moderator & speaker)
- “Ready, Set, Launch. Knowing when you’re ready & How to start a company” , September 2013 (moderator),
- “Online Finance and Crowd Funding” , April 2013 (moderator),
- “Bootstrapping 101: Alternative Ways to fund a Startup without an Angel or VC”, November 2012 (moderator)
- “Seed and Angel Financing” , October 2012 (moderator),
- “Getting Stuff for Free”, April 2012 (moderator),
- “Transforming Your Idea into a Successful Company”, September 2011 (speaker and moderator),
- “Get Going! Launching a Successful Business”, September 2010 (moderator),
- “Licensing Technology”, February 2010 (moderator),
- How to Select and Retain Management for your Startup Company”, February 8, 2008 (speaker and moderator)
- “Getting Initial Money to go from Nothing to Something”, October 2007 (speaker and moderator)
- “Strategic Alliances and Partnerships: to build, finance, and develop early stage companies”, November 2006 (speaker and moderator)
- “Building Boards of Advisors and Boards of Directors”, March 2006 (moderator)
- “Protecting Your Intellectual Property”, January 2006 (speaker)
For each of the above presentations, my slides and those of the other speakers on my panel are also available at the ENET web site at this link – http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/meeting-archives . I hope this information is helpful to you in your business. Again, if you would like more information on our group, go to www.boston-enet.org