“EntrepreneurShip 2012” – Sunset Networking Cruise of Boston Harbor to conclude ENET year: July 10, 2012
I am arranging for the next event for Boston Entrepreneurs’ Network (ENET). This event is our annual Sunset Networking Cruise of Boston Harbor to occur Tuesday evening, July 12, 2012. This cruise, our “EntrepreneurShip 2010” will also be joined by our partners MDG – Medical Development Group and the EntreTech Forum. This is the 10th ENET summer networking cruise that I’ve arranged. The last two have had over 150 people in attendance. So, it makes for a good networking opportunity for early stage entrepreneurs and investors. It’s an enjoyable and casual ending to ENET’s 21st year, September 2011 to July 2012, just concluding. We also invite back our speakers from our 14 meetings in 2011-2012 to join us.
For more information or to register for the cruise, go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/boston-harbor-sunset-networking-boat-cruise or www.boston-enet.org
Hopefully, this networking event will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent. Hope you too can join us.
* * *
I remain active in ENET, a Waltham-based group that aids entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies. I have been on the ENET Board for the last ten years, and for the last three years have served as ENET’s Chairman. In May 2011, I was re-elected to a second 2-year term.
On September 6, 2011, I began my third year as ENET chairman, moderating and speaking at ENET’s kickoff event for 2010-2011 ENET’s 21st year, a panel discussion on Transforming Your Idea into a Successful Company. Our three speakers, whom I recruited each offered their experiences starting companies and taking them through to success including one trhough an IPO (A123 Systems Inc. (My slides and those of the other three speakers from the September 6, 20122 ENET meeting are available at http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/meeting-archives . In recent years, I’ve moderated and/or spoken at a number of ENET panel presentations, including presentations on the following subjects:
- “Get Going! Launching a Successful Business”, September 7, 2010 (moderator),
- “Licensing Technology”, February 2, 2010 (moderator),
- “How to Select and Retain Management for your Startup Company” , February 5, 2008 (speaker and moderator)
- “Getting Initial Money to go from Nothing to Something”, October 2, 2007 (speaker and moderator)
- “Strategic Alliances and Partnerships: to build, finance, and develop early stage companies”, November 7, 2006 (speaker and moderator)
- “Building Boards of Advisors and Boards of Directors”, March 7, 2006 (moderator)
- “Protecting Your Intellectual Property”, January 3. 2006 (speaker and moderator)
For each of the above presentations, my slides and those of the other speakers on my panel are also available at the ENET web site at this link – http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/meeting-archives . I hope this information is helpful to you in your business. Again, if you would like more information on our group, go to www.boston-enet.org