On September 24, 2009, I gave this presentation from Boston for the 128 Innovation Capital Group / Blitztime. The presentation discussed at will employment in Massachusetts and the vigilance of employers in documentation and oral representations to employees, including vigilance to avoid liability for unemployment compensation by specific terms in offer letters, employment agreements and employee manuals. For employees and executives, the presentation covered wrongful termination including the following:
- Claims based on age, race, gender, religion, disability and other discrimination,
- Claims based on violation of State or Federal statutes,
- Violations of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, misrepresentation and various tort claims.
- Contract, tort and statutory damages
- Demand letters, MCAD claims and further litigation.
The presentation ended with discussion of negotiating severance and the separation agreements.
For the presentation outline, see LINK: https://robadelson.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/presentation-doc_-9-12-09-blitztime-employment-termination-severance-negotiations.pdf
If assistance is needed on an issue of employment termination, let me know.
Or if you have other issues with employment, compensation, equity or severance, don’t hesitate to call me or visit my new website whose focus is my representation of senior executives and employees. LINK: www.executiveemploymentattorney.com