This is a presentation I gave in Woburn, MA on April 13, 2010 for the North Shore Chapter of APICS, the Association for Operations Management, on “Making Effective Contracts – To Advance Organizational Success in a Changing Competitive Marketplace”. The presentation included discussion of enforcement, contract certainty and cutting legal costs, plus defining your mission and scope of contract and setting out contingencies to performance, warranties and representations that each side relies upon. Terms of commercial contracts discussed, included contracts for:
- Selling products and services – including purchase order and production contracts
- Developing custom software – software development agreements
- Licensing Technology and product licensing
- Distribution of products – including dealer, distributor and VAR agreements
- Subcontracting consultants, service provider agreements and outsourcing services
For my presentation slides, see
If questions arise or assistance is needed in designing, drafting or negotiating a contract in any of these mentioned areas for yourself, your business or your company, please let me know.