“Pitch-a-Palooza” – Coaching on How to Pitch your company to Investors”, 128 ICG Meeting, March 12, 2015
This Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 730am, I will serve on the panel as one of the Pitch Coaches will provide feedback to Entrepreneurs who will have 5 minutes to present. This will be a pitch practice for how to best position and present your company to build interest and hopefully secure an investment from angel and VC investors.
This event called “Pitch-a-Palooza” is being organized by Annette Reynolds, executive director of the 128 Innovation Capital Group and will occur at Constant Contact, 1601 Trapelo Road, 1st Floor, InnoLoft, Waltham, MA.
For more information or to register, LINK: http://www.128icg.org/
For those who would want to follow up practice with a pitch to real investors who might potentially invest in your company, 128 ICG will be holding its next Piranha Pond Pitch Party at Clark University, Worcester, Thursday March 26, at 6pm. Piranha Pond is modeled after the TV show “Shark Tank” where entrepreneurs make their pitch to investors. At Piranha Pond, typically 8 startup companies pitch to a panel of 5 angel investors and one of more of those investors may offer a meeting with his or her angel group if the pitch is successful. For more information or to register, go to http://www.piranhapond.com/
Hopefully, Pitch-a-Palooza and the followup Piranha Pond event will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent.
* * *
I remain active at 128 ICG, a Waltham-based group that aids and provides a networking opportunity to entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies.
128 Innovation Capital Group (www.128icg.org), recently celebrated its 10th anniversary since, as a Co-founder, I helped that group re-emerge from the 128 Venture Capital Group (founded in 1982). I’ve been a 128 ICG board member since December 2004 and recruited speakers and moderated 42 of the 120 past meetings of 128 ICG from 2005 to 2014, including the following:
- “Overview of Angel Investing” , July 10, 2014, with Lydia Schroter, CEO, entrepreneur and active angel investor, and member of the Golden Seeds and Cherry Stone Angel networks.
- How can Angel Investors help your company to succeed in Business, Sept. 12, 2013, with Pravin R. Chaturvedi, Ph.D. and Gaugarin Oliver, TiE Angels active investors and Praveen Tailam, the Managing Director of TiE Angels Boston.
- Understanding the Rapidly Changing Ecosystem of Angel Investing in New England, July 11, 2013, with Jack Derby, Chairman, and John Landry, Investment Committee member of Common Angels.
- Tough Love (on Valentine’s Day)– Getting the Entrepreneur to Focus on the Business rather than the Idea, 14, 2013, with Ben Littauer, an active angel investor, member of Boston Harbor Angels, Walnut Venture Associates, and Launchpad Venture Group.
- Will you be fired as CEO after taking Venture Capital funding? November 8, 2012, with Greg Dracon, Principal, .406 Ventures.
- Finding Your Optimal Investor – Due Diligence for Entrepreneurs, August 9, 2012, with Luke Burns, Partner at Ascent Venture Partners.
- Structuring your Financing for Capital Efficiency and Exit Strategy, April 12, 2012, with William McPhee, an investor with Boston Harbor Angels and Board member at The Capital Network.
- Alternative Funding Models for Clean Technology. February 9, 2012, with Eric Emmons, Investment Partner at Siemens Venture Capital and head of the Siemens Venture Capital’s Energy Fund.
- Management Team, Board of Directors, Advisory Board – How to Best Utilize Your Company’s Talent, August 11, 2011, with Jenny Freeman, M.D., member of Boston Harbor Angels.
- How Social Marketing Transformed the Gaming Sector: Social Gaming vs. Traditional Gaming, February 10, 2011, with Dayna Grayson, Principal at North Bridge Venture Partners.
- The 5 Things you MUST KNOW about Raising Angel Investment, October 14, 2010, with Hambleton Lord, Managing Partner of Launchpad Venture Group.
- Mobile Innovation in New England: Entrepreneurial Opportunities for the Future, April 8, 2010, with Sean Marsh, Cofounder and General Partner, Point Judith Capital.