Master Strategies to Build a World Class Team: ENET meeting, February 5, 2013
Tomorrow evening on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 7pm, the Boston Entrepreneurs’ Network (ENET) will present a panel of three speakers on “Master Strategies to Build a World Class Team” at our usual monthly location, the Foley Hoag Emerging Enterprise Center, 1000 Winter Street, Waltham, MA.
It’s easy to hire just the people you know — and sometimes they’re the best choice. But most of the time, to build a world class team you need a world class search.
How can you do that as a small business on a small budget? These startup veterans will show you how, in a format that begins as brief lectures but ends with an interactive workshop where you can ask questions and hone your skills in a supportive environment.
Learning how to find the right people to build your business, draw investment, and inspire you to the next level could be a key to your success.
The meeting will feature an interactive workshop is conducted by members of the team that built New England’s largest online game software company (think Lord of the Rings Online), which was acquired in 2010 by a major entertainment company. Learn about building and managing successful teams — from a team with demonstrated success.
For more information or to register for this meeting, go to http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/master-strategies-build-world-class-team
Hopefully, this meeting will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent.
Additionally, in the past years, I have moderated and spoken at two ENET panels which have taken up the issue of recruiting and retaining superior management teams.
To view my power points for the presentation “Building Superior Teams”. Here is a link to an overview of the meeting which I moderated, LINK: http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/building-superior-teams-key-growth-and-funding-your-startup-company Here is a further link to my slides for that evening, LINK:
http://www.boston-enet.org/sites/bostonenet.drupalgardens.com/files/presentations/ENET%203-3-09-3-Robert%20Adelson%20slides.pdf (March 3, 2009: 12 slides on Building Superior Teams: Key to Growth and Funding in your startup company … Lessons learned when you build from scratch)
To view my power points for the presentation “How to Select and Retain Management for your Startup Company”, Here is a link to an overview of the meeting which I moderated, LINK: http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/how-select-and-retain-management-your-startup-company Here is a link to slides for my portion of the presentation, see LINK: https://robadelson.wordpress.com/2012/01/
(Feb. 5, 2008: 15 slides on Legal Steps to Build and Keep your Team, including (1) Team Building on a Shoestring / Thinking out-of-the-box to Recruit/Retain, and (2) Building Value on a Firm Foundation / Appear Generous but Demand Value)
* * *
I remain active in ENET, a Waltham-based group that aids entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies. I have been on the ENET Board for the last eleven years, and I’, into my 4th year serving as ENET’s Chairman. In May 2011, I was re-elected to a second 2-year term.
Besides my work as Chairman, earlier in our current 2012-13 program year, I moderated two of our meetings in Waltham:
- “Seed and Angel Financing” on October 2, 2012 where I moderated for three speakers including James Geshwiler, Managing Director of Common Angels. For more information, including speaker slides, see – http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/seed-and-angel-financing-0 ;
- “Bootstrapping 101: Alternative Ways to fund a Startup without an Angel or VC”, on November 13 where I moderated for another 3 person panel of CEOs or former CEOs who built their companies by bootstrapping including Karl Buttner, chief Mentorship Officer of Mass Challenge. For more information, including speaker slides, see – http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/bootstrapping-101-alternative-ways-fund-startup-without-angel-or-vc
Additionally, in prior years, I’ve moderated and/or spoken at a number of ENET panel presentations, including presentations on the following subjects:
- “Transforming Your Idea into a Successful Company”, September 6, 2011 (speaker and moderator),
- “Get Going! Launching a Successful Business”, September 7, 2010 (moderator),
- “Licensing Technology”, February 2, 2010 (moderator),
- “Getting Initial Money to go from Nothing to Something”, October 2, 2007 (speaker and moderator)
- “Strategic Alliances and Partnerships: to build, finance, and develop early stage companies”, November 7, 2006 (speaker and moderator)
- “Building Boards of Advisors and Boards of Directors”, March 7, 2006 (moderator)
- “Protecting Your Intellectual Property”, January 3. 2006 (speaker)
For each of the above presentations, my slides and those of the other speakers on my panel are also available at the ENET web site at this link – http://www.boston-enet.org/meetings/meeting-archives . I hope this information is helpful to you in your business. Again, if you would like more information on our group, go to www.boston-enet.org