Angel Investing Overview: How to Apply for Funding; Advanced Topics Entrepreneurs Should know, 128 ICG Meeting, July 10, 2014
This Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 730am,I will serve as moderator for the meeting for Lydia Schroter, CEO, entrepreneur and active angel investor, who will offer an “Overview of Angel Investing” for 128 Innovation Capital Group, at Constant Contact, 1601 Trapelo Road, 3rd Floor, Waltham, MA.
In her presentation, Lydia Shroter will discuss the following subjects:
- Angel investing in the US
- Funding Options
- How to Apply for Angel Investment
- Advance Topics and Entrepreneur should know in seeking angel investment
Lydia is a founder and CEO of LBS nX, LLC that provides tailored consulting services to help growth-stage entrepreneurs to quickly understand how to develop, measures and achieves optimization across your organization to provide business value. Prior to founding her company, she spent her 20 plus year career at respectable organizations building expertise in debt and equity financing, business development, financial management and operations, and corporate governance
She is an accredited angel investor and as a member of the Golden Seeds and Cherry Stone Angel networks, she is actively participating in investment screenings, forums, and due diligence process. In addition to her involvement as a mentor to many start- up companies in both USA and in Korea, she often serves as a business competition judge and a speaker at various investment forums in Korea, Italy, and US. Most recently, she developed an education program on the “Global Entrepreneurship” for one of the top private universities in Korea and also participated as a guest lecture.
As the past board of director at a start-up high tech business, she oversaw the company’s growth from the company’s inception to the successful exit event. Currently, she serves on the board and the investment committee at several not for profit organizations as well as Asian American Commissioner of the commonwealth of Massachusetts.
For more information or to register, LINK: http://www.128icg.org/
Registration should open shortly.
Hopefully, this topic and meeting will be helpful to entrepreneurs in small and early stage companies I represent.
* * *
I remain active at 128 ICG, a Waltham-based group that aids and provides a networking opportunity to entrepreneurs, small and early stage companies, and people who invest or work in those companies.
128 Innovation Capital Group (www.128icg.org), is now in its 10th year since, as a founder, I helped that group re-emerge from the 128 Venture Capital Group (founded in 1982). I’ve been a 128 ICG board member since 2004 and recruited speakers and moderated 41 of the 133 past meetings of 128 ICG from 2005 to 2014, including the following:
- How can Angel Investors help your company to succeed in Business, Sept. 12, 2013, with Pravin R. Chaturvedi, Ph.D. and Gaugarin Oliver, TiE Angels active investors and Praveen Tailam, the Managing Director of TiE Angels Boston.
- Understanding the Rapidly Changing Ecosystem of Angel Investing in New England, July 11, 2013, with Jack Derby, Chairman, and John Landry, Investment Committee member of Common Angels.
- Do you have what it takes …To get Angel Investment? , April 11, 2013, with Richard Noyes, an active angel investor, member of Launchpad Venture Group and former member of Beacon Angels.
- Tough Love (on Valentine’s Day)– Getting the Entrepreneur to Focus on the Business rather than the Idea, Feb. 14, 2013, with Ben Littauer, an active angel investor, member of Boston Harbor Angels, Walnut Venture Associates, and Launchpad Venture Group.
- Will you be fired as CEO after taking Venture Capital funding? November 8, 2012, with Greg Dracon, Principal, .406 Ventures.
- Finding Your Optimal Investor – Due Diligence for Entrepreneurs, August 9, 2012, with Luke Burns, Partner at Ascent Venture Partners.
- Structuring your Financing for Capital Efficiency and Exit Strategy, April 12, 2012, with William McPhee, an investor with Boston Harbor Angels and Board member at The Capital Network.
- Alternative Funding Models for Clean Technology. February 9, 2012, with Eric Emmons, Investment Partner at Siemens Venture Capital and head of the Siemens Venture Capital’s Energy Fund.
- Management Team, Board of Directors, Advisory Board – How to Best Utilize Your Company’s Talent, August 11, 2011, with Jenny Freeman, M.D., member of Boston Harbor Angels.
- How Social Marketing Transformed the Gaming Sector: Social Gaming vs. Traditional Gaming, February 10, 2011, with Dayna Grayson, Principal at North Bridge Venture Partners.
- The 5 Things you MUST KNOW about Raising Angel Investment, October 14, 2010, with Hambleton Lord, Managing Partner of Launchpad Venture Group.
- Mobile Innovation in New England: Entrepreneurial Opportunities for the Future, April 8, 2010, with Sean Marsh, Cofounder and General Partner, Point Judith Capital.